Tuesday, January 19, 2010



Hi! My name is Rudy. I am a Rescue Toller mix through Toller Rescue, Inc. People say I'm a lucky dog because I found my way to Christi's house. Here's the start of my story. Nobody exactly knows my history, but I've been around. I was rescued from a kill shelter down south somewhere, and then I was transported to New Hampshire where a lovely lady who does pug rescue kept me for a bit. I liked living with the other dogs, but I didn't really like the commotion. We do know that I was tied out a lot and that I had several other names....Butterscotch, Jethro, and Eli were among them. When Christi first met me, I didn't answer to any of those names. So, Christi decided to give me a new name since I'm getting a new start. Why Rudy? Well, two days before Christmas, Christi heard about a Toller mix that was in New Hampshire. After a little investigating, Christi drove to N.H. two days before Christmas to get me. She decided to name me Rudy after that magical reindeer. Not that I look like a reindeer or act like a reindeer...but she thinks I am magical. I am not really magical, I just really want someone to love me and pet me (alot) and give me cookies. So far, Christi is doing a pretty good job at that.

So, in the beginning, all I did was cry and bark at every dog and every person I saw. I acted like I would eat them up. But, my tail was always wagging. I love food and I was like a shark when I took food from Christi. I had the beginnings of 'sit' and I would touch my butt to the ground for about 2 seconds before I leaped into the air to snatch that cookie. I did not play with toys. I didn't chase a ball or play tug. I wasn't interested in any of Turner's babies (and there are hundreds of them here!!!) I wore a collar but did not walk on a leash. I rip up any dogs beds put into my crate. I have a great appetite. I get car sick and Christi says I need to stop that because she hates stopping the car and cleaning up vomit when it is 10 degrees outside. Well, I don't like throwing up either, but maybe if Christi didn't take the corners on two wheels ...just kidding. So, I want to play with the Bostons and Turner. Christi says I have no manners and I'm out of control so I have to go to school for 'Basic Pet' class. I know she is nervous about this because I won't walk on a leash, and I don't know how to go up and down the stairs to the kennel room and she has to carry all 45 lbs of me. That's almost half of Christi's weight.

Fast forward to my health. I was checked by Christi's vet the first week in January. I was treated for heartworms last July, and we are happy to report that I was re-tested for heartworm, and am negative. I am a neutered male. My weight is perfect. Everything else is good. The vet said that I am calm inside. I am up to date on all my shots and am microchipped. Christi has put me on all kinds of supplements that make my food delicious to improve my coat and general health. Christi was upset that somebody cut my tail feathers and pantaloons, but they are growing back...and Christi puts conditioner on me once per week to make me shiney and smell good. I love to be groomed, especially I like it when Christi pulls the funky hair from my ears!

No comments:

Post a Comment