Friday, January 22, 2010

Celebrating a month!

Well, I've been living with Christi for a month now. Life sure has changed. I get predictable meals, predictable loving, predictable playtime. Actually, I am just learning how to play and I love it! I just discovered the joy of squeeky toys and finding ways to get the squeekers out. I was the BEST DOG in obedience class last night. Christi found out that I will do anything for venison, so I even heeled through a ring full of dogs, no problem. I am learning to stay when there are cookies on the floor in front of me. That is really hard, but I can make it for 5 seconds. I can also sit and wait in my crate until Christi taps me on the chest and says 'OK' and then I know I can come out. I have earned time in the livingroom now, and I tolerate John in the same room...I kind of give him the evil eye because I am not sure I can trust him yet, but I don't try to bite him or be mean. I notice him and keep my distance. Once I feel I can trust you, I'm your friend forever, but I am very cautious. I am really getting good at taking cookies nicely. In fact, Christi gives me very tiny pieces that I have to carefully scoop from her hands. I haven't been ripping up my bedding as much. As I get more settled and comfortable, I have less need to tear up my bed. All is well in Rudy-land.

No comments:

Post a Comment