Thursday, February 18, 2010

Graduation


Tonight, I graduated from Basic Pet Class. I got a certificate, a Rosette, and a bone! I did the best with the off lead recall tonight with mild distractions! Hurrah for me! I fooled those instructors. When I went into the ring tonight, the instructors commented 'Here comes wild Rudy" and I turned on my best behavior. I came when called, I didn't try to escape or run like a crazy man! Of course there was food and petting involved, so why would I go anywhere? I don't like it when I have to sit outside the ring and give the other dogs a chance. I would rather be working! John came tonight and took pictures of me. He thinks I am turning into a pretty nice dog. I actually have some manners now. I can sit/stay and down/stay with mild distractions; I can come when called with moderate distractions; I can walk on a leash, but Christi says I need more practice. I take food nicely from Christi', but I am still a little mouthy when I am excited. But, if the person is calm, I calm down right away!! I now sit in my crate and wait to be fed. In fact, Christi puts the food in front of me and I have to wait until she tells me I can eat it. I really love this game. So, Christi says we can start looking for my forever home. Even though I still need a little training, I will probably always need training just to keep me busy and happy....cuz I really like to do things.

No comments:

Post a Comment